i’m home! for what will likely be my last guatemala-related blog, ive decided to give you a list of the best and worst things about being home. get excited.
BEST THINGS ABOUT BEING HOME!
- I just walked into the bathroom. Barefoot. And I don’t think I got diseases in my feet.
- I also flushed the toilet. With toilet paper in it. And it worked.
- I’m about to go take a shower that’s hot AND has water pressure
- The internet is so fast here!
- I get to hang out with family and friends here
- My dog did not growl at me as I crept past her into bed last night.
- I have yet to cook any of my meals in the toaster OR the microwave.
- There is a trash can unfortunately located right next to the toilet in the bathroom, and I keep almost putting my toilet paper in it.
- There’s a bat in the garage
- No one here has British or Australian accents. Or ever tries to fake them with me for hours on end.
- It’s hot here
- Nobody gets my jokes here. Like the title of this post. Or when I said “here’s to your lovely eyes” this morning. Or that I can’t stop saying “That’s fair” and “Oh no [with the Ginny voice]”
- Everything is SO expensive
- No roommates
- I can’t see volcanoes or a lake from my house.
- I’m sitting home alone right now. That rarely happened in the Manna house.
- I’m not in Guatemala
- I miss my Manna friends